From Start-Up to Big Break.
For a small, minority or woman-owned business, growth can seem difficult. When you participate in the Business Empowerment Plan and your business is matched with a Mentor, doors begin to open – ones that can lead to serious growth of operational strength, efficiency and profitability. Your Mentor is someone who’s “been there” and can provide real world advice about successful business practices.
In addition, business education classes and our Small Business Boot Camp empower you to build your business through strategic training in specialized tracks.
As a protégé, you:
- Take part in the Small Business Boot Camp capacity- building business education classes – available in two tracks depending on industry.
- Follow a track consisting of eight classes: five core and three electives.
- Participate in three hours of free Business Counseling.
You are eligible to be a protégé if you:
- Are certified as a Small Business Enterprise (SBE) through the South Central Texas Regional Certification Agency (SCTRCA). Certification details may be reviewed at sctrca.org.
- Have a significant business presence in the San Antonio Metropolitan Statistical Area (SAMSA) as defined in the City’s SBEDA Ordinance: Atascosa, Bandera, Bexar, Comal, Guadalupe, Kendall, Medina or Wilson counties.
- Attend Small Business Boot Camp – capacity-building business education classes, available in two tracks, depending on industry.